It seems I have come full circle with my aspirations regarding web design. In my work as a real estate agent and other sales related positions, I was afforded the opportunity of creating a few template based websites. Then, in 2010, I built a couple of websites using the WordPress platform. I found myself frustrated with the limitations of engaging in template based web design; so I decided to go back to school where I could learn how to build websites from the ground up. Though I have earned a web design certification, I have gravitated back to the WordPress platform.
Why would I choose WordPress over the full flexibility of coding, you may ask?
- In our information age internet driven society, the majority of our marketing is done online. Content Management Systems, such as WordPress make Search Engine Optimization easier and more efficient. Adding new content, on a regular basis, helps drive your site to the top of the search results. WordPress makes it very easy for my clients to add their own content, if they choose. If I were to deliver a hand coded website to my customers, they would have to rely on me every time they wanted to add a new blog post, product, or image.
- WordPress is backed by a huge worldwide network of developers who are constantly updating the platform, themes, and plugins to enhance security against all manner of cyberattacks.
The Benefits of Hiring a Web Designer to Create and Maintain Your WordPress Website
Why hire a web designer? I’ve seen the adds for WordPress and Wix. I can create my own website. True, you can create your own website. Here are the advantages of hiring me to design and or maintain your WordPress website.
- My knowledge of coding allows me to customize your website, so that you get the exact look you’re going for.
- Security is a very important issue and it’s becoming a greater necessity every day. I know what measures should be taken to keep your site secure and less susceptible to hackers and bot traffic.
- No site is ever completely secure. Keeping your backups current insures that you’ll be up and running again in no time, if your site is attacked. If you choose, I can provide you with a maintenance program which includes daily backups.
- Updates are also very important to the security of your website and should be performed as quickly as possible every time a new update comes out. The maintenance program I provide includes timely updates of WordPress, your theme, and any plugins we add to improve the functionality of your site.
- Customization of your website can get lost when themes are updated. To prevent this from happening, I create and use a child theme for all my customization.
Many Levels of Service
With many levels of service, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your website needs. Your choice will depend upon how much time you want to put into your website.
- You can provide all the content – images, blogs, and the copy for your pages. I’ll design your website, include the necessary security features, insure that your site is fully functional, and hand it over to you.
- If you have the time and you feel confident that you will keep up with updates and backups on your own, I can step out of the picture and hand it all over to you.
- If you feel you are too busy and may not think about doing this for weeks at a time, you may choose to have me maintain your site.
- If you don’t consider yourself much of a writer, I can write your content for you.
- First, we’ll have a chat, so I can learn who your target audience is, everything they need to know about what you provide, and what sets you apart from the rest.
- Then, I’ll go to work writing excellent content for your site.
- Once I’ve written the content, we’ll discuss anything you might want to add or change.
- After you approve the content, I’ll begin designing your site around the content we’ve created together.
- Then, perhaps you are a writer who is fully aware that even the best of writers can benefit from a little bit of editing. I am an experienced editor and I am happy to provide this service, as well.